Thursday, August 24, 2006
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
- Don't stay in Taiwan an extra day. As cool as it might be . . . Don't. I had no choice, otherwise flights would have been twice as expensive, but the stipulation that I cannot enter Taiwan without a real VISA is a pain. Good thing thats the reason I came back to the States (to get a visa that is).
- Don't buy tea with the intent to drink it at the gate before boarding the airplane. They make you throw it out before you're even near the gate.
- If you go to bed early the night before, try and wake up early. In this case, I woke up at 4am. My goal is to be tired by the time I get on the NRT->LAX leg of my trip.
- Pack multiple laptop batteries. Makes mouths happy.
- Mmmm.... Smoked Ham & Mozz w/ pesto sandwich. Del.iclo.us
- Thanks for the carry on Andy + Sarah!
- Who doesn't get jet lag? This guy! Who didn't kill himself the night before the flight so he didn't get jet lag? This guy!
- Going to see a show Sunday night. Interested in going? http://www.wearethedead.com
- When your final destination involves three forms of public transportation, find a different way. You may end up staying at the bus station for 2 hours.
- The Mt. View CalTrain shuttle is not a shuttle. It is a large bus. It goes in the bus lane not in the shuttle lane. Caution the sign is small (10 inches tall by 30 inches wide.) so its hard to miss . . .
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
I'm not sure why but the past two weeks I've felt pretty burned out. At work i get bored, at home all i want to do is sleep. I cant wait untill i come home next week. Its hard to believe the summer is over already; I miss my family and friends in Illinois.
I haven't done much programming as of late and even at work i struggle to concentrate; this is especially bad because im heading to Mountain View to work on a big project and thy to transfer teams.
On another note, I just finished reading Cryptonomicon again and I think as a result im going to go to manilla next month for a weekend. I picked up On Intelligence again and will finish it this weekend. Then when i get to the states i have a $150 amazon books order waiting at my doorstop. On the plane home i think i'm going to "sprint" a project and see if i can get a demo together for one of my project ideas.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
One of the more interesting but unknown features of Google Talk is "Shared Status." This allows multiple signons to have the same status message, so if you're logged in at home and at work both of your sign-ons can say "Hey! look at me." An added bonus though, is that if you set one of your clients to "Listening to Sinatra!." all of your clients will change.
The result of which is the ability to automatically change the status message of your normal signin with some automagical pythony goodness.