- Don't stay in Taiwan an extra day. As cool as it might be . . . Don't. I had no choice, otherwise flights would have been twice as expensive, but the stipulation that I cannot enter Taiwan without a real VISA is a pain. Good thing thats the reason I came back to the States (to get a visa that is).
- Don't buy tea with the intent to drink it at the gate before boarding the airplane. They make you throw it out before you're even near the gate.
- If you go to bed early the night before, try and wake up early. In this case, I woke up at 4am. My goal is to be tired by the time I get on the NRT->LAX leg of my trip.
- Pack multiple laptop batteries. Makes mouths happy.
- Mmmm.... Smoked Ham & Mozz w/ pesto sandwich. Del.iclo.us
- Thanks for the carry on Andy + Sarah!
- Who doesn't get jet lag? This guy! Who didn't kill himself the night before the flight so he didn't get jet lag? This guy!
- Going to see a show Sunday night. Interested in going? http://www.wearethedead.com
- When your final destination involves three forms of public transportation, find a different way. You may end up staying at the bus station for 2 hours.
- The Mt. View CalTrain shuttle is not a shuttle. It is a large bus. It goes in the bus lane not in the shuttle lane. Caution the sign is small (10 inches tall by 30 inches wide.) so its hard to miss . . .
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Things to know when returning to America
These are some things you should know when returning to America after a three month break.