- I will rapidly use up the 50k frequent flier miles I've racked up on these crazy trips to Taiwan.
- I will be living in a box in a city. I am hoping for a refrigerator size box and am looking at spending only around $2500 a month. Hopefully my loan request will be accepted so that I can afford the double layer cardboard boxes. If you know anyone in San Francisco who is looking for a box roommate, let me know; I'm interested. Said location needs to have a fast Internet connection. Preferably 15mb/s
- I'm going to be driving across the country in my car. I'm going to need some help. I'll cover: food, fun, drink, fun and sleeping and a flight home. My Dad already volunteered though. I'm thinking I'll need another two people if my moving doesn't sync up right with another Googler's (Francisco) move.
- I've never lived in my own place before. I will have to do my own cooking. This sounds like disaster.
- San Francisco has terrible weather. If you come visit bring pants and jackets, not just shorts and t-shirts.
- I'm moving in late November. Sorry its so sudden, I've only been talking about moving for two years.
- I will be selling/giving away things. Yay!
- Tech support from cali is almost as difficult as tech support from Taiwan.
- I will have more things to say later.
Friday, September 29, 2006
So what does this mean?
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
The way things are looking, I will be leaving Taiwan for the last time the week of Oct 22nd. I will be in California for a couple days and then back home at the end of the week . . . for some amount of time not yet determined.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Monday, September 18, 2006
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Had a killer weekend. In all I went to 4 different bar/lounge places in Taipei and they were all pretty fun. From the commercial and expensive Barcode )Friday night) to the All you can drink Indo-China (Saturday night and Sunday morning .. 5am) the alcohol was flowing. I'm going to blame that on my lethargy today. We woke up late, walked around Longtan, got dumplings. . . . twice and sat around and wasted the night away surfing. Great times. I met some really cool people this weekend. I wish I had met them earlier in my stay I bet my trip would have been that much better.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
“GOOD morning, ladies and gentlemen. We are delighted to welcome you aboard Veritas Airways, the airline that tells it like it is. Please ensure that your seat belt is fastened, your seat back is upright and your tray-table is stowed. At Veritas Airways, your safety is our first priority. Actually, that is not quite true: if it were, our seats would be rear-facing, like those in military aircraft, since they are safer in the event of an emergency landing. But then hardly anybody would buy our tickets and we would go bust.Amazing article from The Economist on what it would be like if flight attendants told the truth
Someone, Please do the following for me and I will give you a high five and dinner when I get back.
- Go to my house. Find my "... And the Battle Begun" CD in my car.
- Rip it as 192 bitrate mp3s
- Upload them to my server joelapenna.com
- Anticipate a tasty dinner.