- Faster hardware: When using the tablet, I no longer feel like I can only run one application at a time. Now I feel comfortable having a browser window and Google Talk running at once.
- Better bluetooth support: Im´typing this entry with a bluetooth keyboard at took barely any effort. Im´quite excited about this. Now I have to go and buy another bluetooth GPS module since I lost my other one. Another cool thing is when you enable a keyboard, the on screen one does not pop up when you have to do input. It is smart enough to realize you have an alternate input method.
- Improved Opera: Gmail actually works consistently now. Yay! As everyone has already said, YouTube is unusable. To me that is okay. I don't´use it much at all.
- My camera arrived broken. It shows an image but doesn't flip when you rotate it away from you. I contacted Nokia already and much to my dismay, I have to send it in for service. In the interim I'll be without the device I just shelled out 400 dollars for. Lame.
- Non-attached case: I like the cloth case or the device, but it makes holding the device and the stylus and the case quite annoying. I'l have to find some other option for this. Its unacceptable.
- Opera: I wonder how much they thought about using a different browser for this iteration. I don't like opera very much. I still cant´get Google Reader or Google Calendar to work properly on the device but I was able to use it minimo with the 770.
All in all a very solid device -- I would recommend it to anyone looking to get a pda-like device. The device also seems a lot more stable too. I only had one reboot and that was when I first turned on the device. More information:
- Ari Jaaksi's Blog: The Nokia N800
- ThoughtFix on Nokia Internet Tablets: My First N800 Video
- ThoughtFix on Nokia Internet Tablets: N800 - First Look
- ThoughtFix on Nokia Internet Tablets: Interview with Dr. Ari Jaaki: The Podcast and Notes
- John Tokash’s Blog » Nokia is Listening to its Customers
- John Tokash’s Blog » An Internet Tablet OS 2007 Update is available for the Nokia N800
- John Tokash’s Blog » Updates on the Nokia N800